In his newsletter on technology and society, The Convivial Society, Vol 2: No 11, L.M. Sacasas posted forty-one questions in "The questions concerning technology" that can help us think about the ethical implications of our tools. It is easy to act as if our tools are completely amoral, but Sacasas' questions quickly dispel that fallacy. His questions are important for both the creators and consumers of technology. He starts with
- What sort of person will the use of this technology make of me?
- What habits will the use of this technology instill?
- How will the use of this technology affect my experience of time?
- How will the use of this technology affect my experience of place?
- How will the use of this technology affect how I relate to other people?