Making sense of any idea is always easier if you know where it fits in the big picture. Knowing where the subject you teach fits in the big picture of God’s purposes and activities, can help you see the connections between your lesson content and God and His word. Helping your students see things from a Biblical perspective becomes an exciting possibility instead of a dreaded responsibility.
Here are a few questions that can help you develop the big picture of your subject area:
- What does ___________ reveal about God?
- What is God’s purpose for __________?
- How is God misunderstood because of __________?
- How is __________ misused?
- How does the Bible confirm God’s revelation in __________?
- What does the Bible say about God’s purpose for ___________?
- How has __________ changed my relationship to my heavenly Father?
- How does Jesus want to use __________ to fulfill His purposes in my life and the life of others?
- Will I allow the Holy Spirit to use ___________ to give me a thankful, worshipful spirit?
For more help thinking about the subject you teach, check out chapter 3 of the